What is the Scope of this Policy?
This Policy describes the types of Personal Information and Data we collect, how we use it, and who we share it with. you have choices that you can make about our collection, use, and disclosure of your Data. “Personal Information” refers to data that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We will also explain how we endeavor to protect the security of your data and how you can contact us about our treatment of your Data.
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete and you can contact us using the details set out below;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e., the right to ask us to delete any personal Data we hold about you, and you can contact us using the details set out below;
- The right to restrict, i.e., prevent the processing of your Data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your Data to re-use with another service or organization);
- The right to object to us using your data for particular purposes; and
- Rights concerning automated decision making and profiling.
If you have cause for complaint about our use of your Personal Data, please contact us using the details provided below, and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we cannot help, you have the right to complain about the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What Data Do We Collect?
We may obtain some or all of the following personal and non-personal data about you from time to time from various sources, including our Websites, when you register to use the Website or email us or communicate with us in any other way. We also may obtain data about you from business partners, other third parties, and publicly available information.
We may obtain various types of Data, including but not limited to
- your Personal Information/Data relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, e.g., your name, date of birth, gender, job title, profession, contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers if you choose to provide it voluntarily or if we obtain it from other sources mentioned above.
- your job search behavior and preferences. We may use a record of the searches that you make on our Website to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed through your previous searches.
- Other details that you may voluntarily submit to us or may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- If you visit our Website, we may collect certain information by automated means, using “Cookies” as described in more detail below. This may include information about your devices and how you access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, web browser, and operating system type), URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the Site you exit to once you leave our Website, the dates and times of the visits to our Website, information on actions taken on our Website, e.g., number of page views, site navigation patterns, and job views or application activity, geographical location information, e.g., country, state, and city from where you access our Website and the types of search terms you enter to access our Website.
How Do We Use the Data We Collect?
Our use of Personal Data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to perform our Services because you have consented to our use of your data, e.g., by subscribing to Jobs By Email, or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use the Data we obtain about you to understand your needs and personalize your experience, to improve our Website, improve User service, send periodic emails to you about our Services and in particular to
- Register, manage and maintain your Account,
- Provide and manage your access to our Website,
- Provide information to you and Services that you request,
- Personalise and tailor your experience and our Services to you on our Website
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Website.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Website.
- Respond to your emails, questions, and comments and provide User support.
- Contact you and deliver information that may be targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide not to receive further communications.
- Inform you of changes to our Website and Services.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and our Services to you.
- Analyze, and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics, gathering feedback regarding our website’s access and the jobs viewed.
With your permission and where permitted by law, we may also use your Data for marketing purposes, including contacting you by email with information on our Services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam. We will take all reasonable steps to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Data
In the table below, we have described (i) in what context your data was collected, i.e., what activity you were involved in when we collected or used your data; (ii) the types of personal data that we hold about; You (iii) how and why we use your data; and (iv) what our legal basis is for using our data. We will amend the table as required. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. We have also provided you with an explanation of some of the terms we use in this table:
- ‘Legitimate Interest’ means our interest in conducting and managing our business, to enable us to give you the best experience when using the Website, products, and services. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before processing your data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- ‘Performance of Contract means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- ‘Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
- ‘Consent’ means that you consent to our use of your data for one or more specific purposes. Where we rely on your consent to use your data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. you can do this by contacting us at [email protected]. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case when you withdraw your consent.
We may also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access to the Website (including your IP address) to operate, maintain and manage the Website. We collect this information by automated means, using cookies as described in more detail below. If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Direct Interaction: You may give us your identity, contact, billing, and other information by filling in forms or corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- sign-up for a free trial
- sign-up for a paid subscription,
- create an account on our Website
- request information to be sent to you,
- submit your resume to our resume database,
- give us feedback
- apply to a job posted on our Website
- authorize [WhatJobs to connect your account to the account of a “Connected Site” (e.g., LinkedIn, Google, Facebook or Twitter), we may be able to access the information you have provided to the Connected Site, such as content information, timeline feeds, contact and follow lists, network statistics and updates regarding your Connected Site account
Automated Technologies or Interactions
As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect personal and Non-Personal Data using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data and Usage Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies and other Tracking Technologies (defined below). For more information regarding our use of Tracking Technologies, please refer to “Cookies and Similar Technologies” below.
What Information Do We Share?
We may share your Data with other companies in our group, including subsidiaries and holding companies.
We may compile statistics about the use of our Website, including Data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, and other information and combine certain non-personally identifiable aggregate data about our users and use such anonymous aggregate data to prepare reports for Employers/Recruiters, prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as postcode, age, gender, race, or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, job title, education, and experience) of many individuals that is combined. Aggregate data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. Any reports sold by us containing aggregate data cannot be used to identify any individuals.
We may share your Data with our service providers who help us deliver our Services to you, e.g., search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely securely and follow your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. These companies may only use or disclose the Data as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
WhatJobs may disclose specific User information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of WhatJobs or other Users of the Website.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
How you Can Update and Control your Data
Links to Other Websites
We may allow links to other websites from our Website for your convenience and information. Companies not owned by WhatJobs may operate these websites. WhatJobs has no control over such websites and is not responsible for the content of any websites not owned by WhatJobs or their privacy policies. This Policy does not extend to your use of such websites. They may place or access cookies on your computer or another internet-connected device. WhatJobs does not have control over or access any information contained in the cookies set on your computer by these third parties. If you choose to visit these websites, you should review their privacy policies to ensure that you are happy with their practices.
Storing and Transferring your Information and Data
All personal data is processed and stored securely for no longer than is necessary for light of the reason it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights at all times under the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR. We only keep your data for as long as we need it and as long as we have your permission to keep it.
WhatJobs may transfer, process, and store the Personal Information and other data we hold about you outside of the country you are located in, including Europe & the United States. The countries in which we process the Information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. You are deemed to accept and agree to this transfer, storing, and processing procedure by using the Website and providing your Personal Information to us.
How Do We Protect your Personal Information?
Data security is of great importance to WhatJobs. To protect your Data from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use, WhatJobs maintains suitable technical, electronic, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect and secure that Data.
We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure your Personal Information and data are stored securely under the principles of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR. Data security is essential to us, and to protect your data, we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Website.However, please note the Internet and the electronic transmission of information can never be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have to safeguard Data will never be defeated or fail or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we cannot guarantee that your Data will remain confidential. you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your conduct and use of the Website and the information you send us electronically or otherwise. You will have an Account accessed via your email address. You should not share that information with anyone.
Our Website is not intended to be used by anyone under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use our Website. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Access to your Data
Following EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR, you have the right to ask for a copy of any Personal Data that we hold relating to you and request that your data be deleted. Please contact us by emailing us at [email protected] or by letter to the Data Protection Officer at What Digital Technologies Pty Ltd, Feroze Manor, Bowring Hospital Rd, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
Please include your name and email address in email requests and your name and postal address in mail requests.
This policy is governed by the laws of Ireland. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this policy shall lie exclusively with the Irish courts. Suppose any provision of this policy is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction. In that case, the invalidity of all or part of a provision shall not affect the validity of this policy’s remaining parts and provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Privacy Questions. If you have any questions regarding our data practices, please contact us by using the communication means described below.
(Swipe left to see more)
|LOCATION OF DATA SUBJECT
|TYPE OF ENQUIRY
|EEA and Switzerland
|Data Subject Information/Access Requests
|Send Request by Mail or Email
|Outside the EEA and Switzerland
|Send Request by Mail or Email
Technical or Customer Service Questions. Wherever you are located, if you have any questions as regards the use of our services, questions about your account, and/or technical or other customer support questions regarding your use of our services, please contact us by using the communication means described below.
(Swipe left to see more)
|TYPE OF ENQUIRY
|Eir+353(0)831843331(9am – 6pm GMT)
|General Customer Service Enquiries
|Eir+353(0)831843331(9am – 6 pm GMT)
WhatJobs Mailing Address
What Digital Technologies Pty Ltd, Feroze Manor, Bowring Hospital Rd, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
Attn: Data Officer
Email: [email protected]
EU ICO: ZB285883